At Performance Mentors one of our key areas of focus is in enabling our clients to develop influencing skills. The ability to influence without authority is essential for anyone looking to develop their leadership skills.
Typical Challenges Addressed
- You struggle to get commitment to a proposal.
- You thought others committed, but then they didn’t follow-through, and didn’t tell you why.
- You have a great idea but struggle to get others to see its value.
- You develop the ‘perfect’ solution, but it’s rejected, and you can’t figure out why.
- You get resistance from a powerful person but you don’t know how to respond.
Performance Mentors Influence Without Authority Learning Objectives
- Influence anyone regardless of role
- Identify others’ viewpoints and critical interests
- Make compelling value claims and build commitment
- Surface and manage resistance, to address interests and build commitment
Expected Business Outcomes
- Create more valuable solutions for customers, and for internal clients
- Significantly improve individual and organisations performance by:
- selling products and services more effectively
- building widespread commitment to proposals, and
- surfacing and addressing resistance that stalls performance
- Implement a powerful and uncommon approach to influence